Featuring Cherry Lane Concentrate
Who said snow cones were just meant for summer? Certainly not us! There is no better way to cool down from a thrilling day of tobogganing or ice skating at a local rink than with a locally inspired snow cone treat!
This frosty favourite requires only 4 ingredients.
- ¾ cup of water
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of frozen juice concentrate *We LOVE Cherry Lane Concentrated Tart Cherry Juice for this recipe
- LOTS of ice
- Food colouring (optional)
- Food processor or household blender with crushed ice setting
- Medium sized saucepan
- Spoon or ice cream scoop
- Reusable bottle to store your simple syrup *We wash and reuse the empty wine bottles from our local Lincoln wineries for this step.
- Snow Cone Cups *Make your own at home using cardstock and our easy printable template.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, water and frozen juice concentrate. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and let the mixture simmer for 3 minutes, while continuing to stir occasionally. Add 2 drops of food colour for added flare.
- Remove from heat and let cool until the pan is safe to handle.
- Using a funnel, carefully pour the syrup into a reusable bottle.
- Store in the fridge to further cool-down until needed for use.
- Place two cups of ice into food processor/blender.
- Using the pulse function, pulse the ice for 15 seconds at a time until the desired icy consistency is achieved.
- Fill your snow cone cups or small cup with ice.
- Slowly pour simple syrup mixture over the crushed ice and CHILL!